If ever we needed a natural solution to clear our brains, the time is now! And for the month of September, we have a beautiful essential oil blend at a 10% discount, Brain Power!
This therapeutic grade essential oil blend promotes deep concentration and channels physical energy into mental energy while delivering wellness at the cellular level. It also increases mental potential and clarity even increasing longevity and delaying the aging process ~ thank you very much! Many of the oils contained in this blend are high in sesquiterpene compounds which delete faulty information in cellular memory, increase activity in the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus glands, increasing the output of growth hormone and melatonin. There are an estimated 3,000 varieties of sesquiterpenes in essential oils with numerous sesquiterpenes only one-of-a-kind, found in only one species of oils, not copied by any other plant. (Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple by David Stewart, PhD) The oils also help dissolve petrochemicals that congest the cell’s receptor sites so the cells can communicate to each other, clearing the “brain fog” that people experience due to exposure to synthetic petrochemicals from food, skin and hair care products, as well as toxic cleaning solutions.
Young Living Essential Oils’ Brain Power™ contains single essential oils of:
- Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) ~ stimulates the limbic part of the brain, which elevates the mind, helping to overcome stress and despair. It is used in European medicine to alleviate depression. Frankincense is 8% sesquiterpenes.
- Sandalwood (Santalum album) ~ high in sesquiterpene compounds which stimulate the pineal gland and the limbic region of the brain, the center of our emotions and memory. Used traditionally in yoga and meditation. Sandalwood is 90% sesquiterpene molecules.
- Melissa (Melissa officinalis) ~ stimulates the limbic part of the brain, the emotional center of memories. It removes emotional blocks and instills a positive outlook on life. Melissa is also highly anti-viral, scores 134,300 on the ORAC scale and contains 27% sesquiterpenes.
- Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) ~ high in sesquiterpenes which can stimulate the limbic part of the brain, the center of emotions and memory. It stimulates the pineal gland which releases melatonin thereby improving thoughts, cognition and memory. Cedarwood scores 169,000 on the ORAC scale and is 98% sesquiterpenes.
- Blue Cypress (Callitris intratropica) ~ improves circulation and increases the flow of oxygen to the brain, stimulating the amygdala, pineal gland, pituitary gland and hypothalamus. Blue Cypress scores 73,100 on the ORAC scale and contains 73% sesquiterpene molecules.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) ~ documented to improve concentration and mental acuity. University of Miami researchers found that inhalation of lavender oil increased beta waves in the brain suggesting heightened relaxation. It also reduced depression and improved cognitive performance (Diego et al., 1998). Research during a 2001 Osaka Kyoiku University study found that lavender reduced mental stress and increased alertness (Motomura et al., 2001). Lavender contains about 6% sesquiterpenes.
- Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum) helps improve circulation and stimulates optimum nerve function. Enhances awareness and cognition and helps release feelings of anger, that allows one to gain focus and concentration. Helichrysum contains about 3% sesquiterpenes.
You can use Brain Power by diffusing or directly inhaling or applying 1-2 drops on the back of your neck, throat, temples or under your nose. I personally like to apply it at the occipital region where your skull meets your spinal cord and on my crown chakra. You can also apply 1 or 2 drops with your finger on the inside of your cheeks.
So order your bottle or two of Brain Power and experience clarity of thought while helping your brain cells be healthy!
Ref: Essential Oils Desk Reference Book, 4th Edition